At this year’s HIMSS Conference, Abby Clobridge will be presenting with Dr. Joe Kimura, MD (Atrius Health):
Strategic Expansion of Analytics Capacity through Knowledge Management and Collaboration
Session Description: As more resources are invested to support “big data,” it is critical that organizations are able to expand the capacity of analytics teams by harnessing existing knowledge, skills, expertise, and know-how. This session will present a case study of one group’s experiences using knowledge management to improve collaboration across silos.
Where: HIMSS14, Orange County Convention Center, Room 224E
When: Wednesday, February 26, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Learning Objectives for the Session
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe why the explosion in healthcare analytics will create knowledge management challenges for delivery systems that will lead to ineffective and inefficient analytics
- Describe the role of development a knowledge management strategy to help mitigate those risks
- Demonstrate how knowledge management can improve collaboration and sharing across siloed or geographically distributed teams
- Describe the importance of organizational culture in facilitating collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Illustrate how knowledge management techniques rooted in organizational culture can complement and enhance technology based approaches
Slides will be available after the conference. Further details about HIMSS14 and the session are available from the HIMSS website.