FireOak Strategies, LLC, a boutique consulting firm specializing in Knowledge Management, Information Management, and Information Security, is building a network of part-time curation contractors and looking for a Lead Knowledge Curator.
The Lead Knowledge Curator will support the efforts of the FireOak team in collecting, assembling, preparing, and tagging subject-specific content, making it as easy as possible to connect people to the data, information, and knowledge they need to be successful. Curators will be involved in showcasing materials within assigned communities, archives, repositories, and knowledge bases; abstracting, summarizing, distilling, and synthesizing information into easily-digestible content; and connecting related materials to facilitate discovery and uptake of knowledge.
- Apply taxonomy terms to content using various platforms, systems, and tools
- Suggest new taxonomy terms and other ways to enhance and refine taxonomies
- Conduct searches within FireOak-managed digital collections to identify content to be tagged with taxonomy terms
- Research use rights of articles, grey literature, and other digital assets
- Research, establish, refine, and monitor subject-specific literature reviews
- Capture and synthesize highlights of selected listserv and community-based discussions to prepare new knowledge assets
- Write abstracts of, summaries for, and annotated bibliographies about assigned topics
- Support the FireOak team in developing, testing, and refining curation processes and operations
- Write quick-start guides and resources designed to support other curators
- Assist in the production of best practices and related resource guides for clients and partners
- Assist in the production of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Recommend additional ways to connect people to data, information, and knowledge using the platforms and tools at hand
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in library/information science
- Strong understanding of taxonomies from graduate coursework and/or in a professional setting
- Experience working with and understanding of copyright and Creative Commons licenses
- Clear and concise written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly and with an attention to detail
- Ability to follow through with tasks and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Ability to consistently follow processes and operations
About the FireOak Network of Contractors:
Our network of contractors telecommute from within the United States. Part-time curators work a flexible schedule, approximately 15-20 hours per month. Curators are expected to use their own computers running Windows 10 and Microsoft Office. Curators will also need reliable internet access sufficient for conducting the responsibilities outlined in this posting.
FireOak Strategies, LLC was named one of CIO Review’s 20 Most Promising Knowledge Management Solution Providers (2016). Come and join our award-winning team!
We review contractor applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are interested in working as a contractor, please follow the instructions below.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing why you are uniquely qualified for this position. Please submit materials as a single PDF and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Lead Knowledge Curator Contractor Application (WE1835).”
To view all our job openings, visit FireOak’s employment page.