Job Posting: Part-Time Business Intelligence Analyst (Contractor, Remote)
FireOak Strategies, LLC, a boutique consulting firm specializing in Knowledge Management, Information Management, and Information Security, is looking for a part-time Business Intelligence Analyst. This person will work closely with other members of the FireOak team on special projects to support reporting, dashboard development, and data integration efforts.
The Business Intelligence (BI) analyst is a part-time, remote/telecommuting contractor position.
- Translate reporting needs into requirements and implement accordingly
- Define, build, and standardize reports and dashboards for various projects and across various platforms
- Analyze and integrate data from multiple sources and transform into cohesive reporting mechanisms
- Develop and implement scripts and/or automation tools to facilitate migration of content and integration of data between various KM systems
- Monitor and keep the FireOak team apprised of constantly-evolving feature sets of Office 365 and Power BI
- Develop short screencasts and documentation for the FireOak team to explain dashboard configuration, setup, customization, and use
- Train other members of the FireOak technical team and provide technical support for the business intelligence and reporting environment
- Recommend additional ways to connect people to data, information, and knowledge using the platforms and tools at hand
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Extensive Power BI experience
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in an analytics environment
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Proven experience with and the ability to develop complex SQL queries
- Proven experience developing Power BI dashboards
- Familiarity with Python, Perl, R, or other scripting or programming languages.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, SOAP, and other standard API interfaces to applications
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to draw insights from datasets with minimal support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About FireOak’s network of contractors:
Our growing network of contractors telecommute from within the United States. The part-time Business Intelligence analyst will work approximately 15-20 hours a month on special projects; hours are flexible.
FireOak Strategies, LLC was named one of CIO Review’s 20 Most Promising Knowledge Management Solution Providers (2016). Come and join our award-winning team!
We review applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are interested in working as a contractor, please follow the instructions below.
All current openings are posted to jobs.fireoakstrategies.com.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in part-time BI work.
Please submit materials as a single PDF and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Part-Time Business Intelligence Analyst - Contractor Application (WE332).