FireOak Strategies, LLC, a boutique consulting firm specializing in Knowledge Management, Information Management, and Information Security, is looking to add a Metadata Specialist to our network of contractors.
The contractor will be responsible for using an in-house style guide to create and edit records in a custom knowledge base. Items for which records will be created include printed documents, videos, visual materials, and other formats. In addition to creating descriptive metadata, the Metadata Specialist will be responsible for analyzing materials and applying appropriate subject headings.
This is a contract position that runs through December 15, 2017. The Metadata Specialist contractor will work approximately twenty hours per week, adhering to a fixed schedule. Work must be performed during standard business hours (M-F, 8:00 – 5:00 ET).
Requirements for the Metadata Specialist include:
- Master’s degree in library science, information science, or related field, or 2+ years of equivalent relevant professional experience as a cataloger, indexer, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience cataloging materials in a variety of metadata formats
- Experience evaluating materials and applying appropriate taxonomy terms
- Self-discipline to work remotely and keep to assigned schedule
- Proficiency with technology including the ability to quickly learn new tools and systems; ability to manage, configure, and troubleshoot own computer and home network
- Working knowledge of basic HTML tags, knowledge of other markup languages also helpful
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact positively with coworkers to work towards team goals
- Metadata Specialists must live and be eligible to work in the United States
- Windows-based PC with Microsoft Office and ability to install additional software as needed
- Camera and headset with microphone for video calls
- Reliable, High-speed Internet access
About FireOak Strategies, LLC
FireOak Strategies, LLC was named one of CIO Review’s 20 Most Promising Knowledge Management Solution Providers (2016) and is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and Woman-Owned Small Business. Come and join our award-winning team!
How to Apply:
To be considered for the Metadata Specialist position, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing why you are uniquely qualified for this position. Please submit materials as a single PDF and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Metadata Specialist – Contractor Application (PLC973).
All current openings are posted to FireOak’s employment page.