Knowledge Management Assessments
Assess the current state of your organization's approach to knowledge management
Whether your organization is just beginning to develop a knowledge management program or if you have a mature program that you’re looking to enhance, a knowledge management current state assessment from the FireOak team can help your organization develop, supercharge, or fine-tune your program.
KM assessments are designed to take stock of environment as it stands today from a knowledge management perspective. Through the discovery process, you get a complete picture of the current state of KM practices, technologies, tools, governance in place within your organization — what’s working, what’s not, and what are the true root causes for today’s challenges.
KM assessments act as a springboard upon which future efforts are built, so it is beneficial to pull back and conduct an in-depth analysis of the current environment before trying to envision what the future might look like. Since we want to be certain that a new KM strategy addresses the right issues, it’s important to have a solid foundation upon which to start.
An assessment designed to fit your organization's needs and challenges
The assessment process should be designed to solicit input from a representative group of staff and other key stakeholders.
Findings from KM assessments are often surprising; what was assumed to be a technology problem is often tied to organizational culture, day-to-day practices, procedural gaps, or how cross-functional teams work together.
Undergoing a KM assessment can be extremely beneficial in helping groups develop a shared understanding of and common vocabulary to describe what’s working and what’s not.
Through the assessment, we’ll identify:
- What’s working and what’s not with respect to knowledge management
- Where bottlenecks are occurring in the flow of knowledge
- Good practices for knowledge capture and knowledge sharing that can be built upon and expanded
- Potential early adopters or champions for knowledge management
- How technology is enabling or hindering knowledge sharing
- Elements of organizational culture and structure that present barriers to effective knowledge management
- Opportunities to use artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance knowledge management and curation efforts
Ready to talk to a knowledge management consultant?
FireOak Strategies has been helping organizations around the world enhance their approaches to knowledge management since 2019.
We’re here to listen, help, provide guidance, and coach organizations. We’re ready to help solve all types of organizational information and knowledge management problems!