FireOak Strategies, LLC, a boutique consulting firm specializing in Knowledge Management, Information Management, and Information Security, is looking for a Knowledge Management (KM) analyst contractor.
The KM analyst will work closely with other members of the FireOak team to understand data and reporting needs; create, refine, and maintain reports and dashboards; prepare written reports for clients to summarize data; support data integration efforts; and contribute to the overall development of a robust KM ecosystem for client projects and internal purposes.
- Work directly with clients, partners, and other stakeholders to understand reporting needs, translate needs into requirements, and implement accordingly
- Define, build, and standardize reports and dashboards for various projects and across various platforms
- Analyze and integrate data from multiple sources and transform into cohesive reporting mechanisms
- Prepare written reports and slide decks to present findings, summaries of analysis, data visualizations, and recommendations
- Develop and implement scripts and/or automation tools to facilitate migration of content and integration of data between various KM systems
- Contribute to the development of client-facing and internal knowledge base(s): create new articles and assist with data migration;
- Edit, update, revise metadata for content stored in various KM systems
- Prepare new knowledge assets — contribute to the video library of screencasts and how-to guides for clients
- Help support the KM needs of FireOak projects through case management and ticket tracking
- Monitor and keep the FireOak team apprised of constantly-evolving KM-related feature sets of cloud-based ERP tools, including Google Apps, Office 365, Salesforce, Amazon, Azure, and others
- Recommend additional ways to connect people to data, information, and knowledge using the platforms and tools at hand
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant work experience in an analytics environment
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Proven experience with and the ability to develop complex SQL queries
- Proven experience developing Power BI dashboards
- Familiarity with Python, Perl, R, or other scripting or programming languages.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, SOAP, and other standard API interfaces to applications
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to draw insights from datasets with minimal support
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to use visuals to communicate ideas
- Effective time-management skills: ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
About FireOak’s network of contractors:
Our growing network of contractors telecommute from within the United States. Analysts work approximately 35-hour work weeks with some flexibility. FireOak Strategies, LLC was named one of CIO Review’s 20 Most Promising Knowledge Management Solution Providers (2016). Come and join our award-winning team!
We review applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are interested in working as a contractor, please follow the instructions below.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing why you are uniquely qualified for this position. Please submit materials as a single PDF and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Knowledge Management Analyst Contractor Application (WE1838).”
To view all our job openings, visit FireOak’s employment page.